We currently run five Saturday Forest School clubs which take place on alternate Saturdays during term time.
- Seedlings at Wheatfen for 4-7 year olds (morning & afternoon group)
- Saplings at Wheatfen for 8-10 year olds
- Saplings at Whitlingham for 6-12 year olds
- Mighty Oaks at Wheatfen for 10-14 year olds
The Saturday clubs are an opportunity for kids to be kids, run wild and free, learn life skills, form friendships and have everyday adventures. What shape those adventures take depends on what sparks the children’s imaginations!
Typical activities include:
- team games
- learning to use tools for green woodworking
- bush craft
- nature exploration
- mastering knots and lashings
- sleeping under the stars
- listening to the dawn chorus
- making rope bridges and assault courses (with or without booby traps)
- mud kitchen
- tree climbing
- woodland conservation
- environmental art
- campfire cooking
- making dye from natural pigments
- and many more things… the list is endless!
Basically, if the children can dream it up; if it’s legal and safe for man, beast and tree, then we will attempt it!
These are long term groups which are booked termly. If you would like to enrol your child or put their name down for the future please contact us.