We currently run four Saturday Forest School clubs which take place on alternate Saturdays during term time.
- Seedlings at Wheatfen for 4-7 year olds
- Saplings at Wheatfen for 7-11 year olds (two groups, alternate weekends)
- Mighty Oaks at Wheatfen for 11-15 year olds
These are long term groups which are booked termly. If you would like to put your child on the waiting list for a place, fill out this quick form.
The Saturday clubs are an opportunity for kids to be kids, run wild and free, learn life skills, form friendships and have everyday adventures. What shape those adventures take depends on what sparks the children’s imaginations!
Typical activities include:
- team games
- learning to use tools for green woodworking
- bush craft
- nature exploration
- mastering knots and lashings
- sleeping under the stars
- listening to the dawn chorus
- making rope bridges and assault courses (with or without booby traps)
- mud kitchen
- tree climbing
- woodland conservation
- environmental art
- campfire cooking
- and many more things… the list is endless!
Basically, if the children can dream it up; if it’s legal and safe for man, beast and tree, then we will attempt it!