By making a booking with Wheatfen Forest School CIC, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions as follows:
Customer Booking & Payment
100% of the cost is payable at the time of booking and must be received for a booking to be confirmed.
Cancellation by the client
1. All cancellations for individual events must be sent to Rose Hoare at Wheatfen Forest School CIC in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via direct message through social media (www.facebook.com/wheatfenforestschool) at least 24 hours before the event date.
2. All pre-payments are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by Wheatfen Forest School CIC.
Cancellation by Wheatfen Forest School
1. Wheatfen Forest School has the right to cancel any event or activity for health, safety or hygiene reasons. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that events run, we will notify you of any changes by text message and email as soon as is practical where we believe on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to factors beyond our control i.e. dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions (this includes weather risks; storms and high winds, plus environmental risk such as tree work/risk identification) or staff illness leading to insufficient adult to child ratios. In this instance, events will be cancelled by the leader on site. A notice will also be published on our Facebook page for public events.
2. Where possible, we will offer an alternative date for any events and bookings.
3. All monies paid to Wheatfen Forest School CIC in respect of the booking will be refunded. Pre-payments can also be kept in credit for future events.
Liability and insurance
1. All participants/parents must be aware that here are inherent hazards in the outdoor environment and accept the risks associated. Wheatfen Forest School CIC recognises the benefits of appropriate levels of risk in programme activities and works to manage these risks reasonably. Participants accept that accidents, including serious injury and death, can occur without Wheatfen Forest School CIC being at fault, and are taking part in activities at their own risk. Wheatfen Forest School CIC only accepts liability for physical injury to a participant that is shown to result from the negligence of Wheatfen Forest School CIC.
2. Wheatfen Forest School CIC is under no liability in respect of loss or damage to property.
3. Wheatfen Forest School CIC holds appropriate Public Liability insurance and First Aid qualifications.
4. All participants must adhere to all risk assessments in place and follow instructions given by the Forest School Leader at all times. Failure to do so will void any future claim.
Wheatfen Forest School CIC may take photos of participants taking part in activities for publicity, including on social media. You can, of course, decline this if you would prefer. If you express that you do not want pictures taken on any event booking/signing in forms, then this will be adhered to. Please be mindful when you are taking pictures of your own child at a family event, that others present may not want their child to be photographed and shared for personal or, sometimes, safeguarding reasons.
The information you supply to us will only be used to process your booking, for contact if there is a cancellation or changes are made to the advertised event, and for our mailing list if you have opted in to it. News and information about future events will be sent to those on the mailing list.
Safety of all Wheatfen Forest School participants is paramount. Your child(ren) remain your responsibility while at any Wheatfen Forest School family events, such as Tiny Acorns, and must be supervised throughout. You must accept responsibility for their welfare at all times. Please also follow the country code and take your personal waste, including nappies, home with you.
It is crucial you and your child(ren) remain within the boundaries of the woodland site as directed by the Forest School leader. These will be marked with blue ropes. Participants who wander past these boundaries do so at their own risk – the environment there may not have been surveyed/managed.
Any allergies must be notified to Wheatfen Forest School at the time of booking. We cannot be responsible for reactions/allergies to materials we use if we have not been informed. Allergies might include nuts, egg, wheat, gluten, latex, plant and insect allergies including bee stings. Medical information for you and your child(ren) must be up to date and notified to the Forest School leader on site where applicable.
At family events, you must accept responsibility of your child(ren) when consuming food on the premises including ensuring any health and safety has been monitored by yourself (hand washing, clean food areas etc).
Any additional/learning needs must be notified to Wheatfen Forest School before an event where parents are not going to be present. This is to ensure we provide children with the best care and learning opportunities, and ensure safe and appropriate staffing ratios. Failure to do so may result in a cancelled booking on the day of the event.
There are ticks and other biting insects in the woodland all year round. Please ensure you have provided adequate clothing plus insect repellent for your child(ren). Please be aware that ticks can carry Lymes disease which can lead to very serious conditions if left untreated. Symptoms of Lyme disease can include a circular rash, fatigue, and muscle and joint pain. More serious conditions such as viral-like meningitis, facial palsy, nerve damage and arthritis can develop without treatment, so prevention and early detection are crucial. Lyme disease can be treated with a course of antibiotics. Tick bites may not hurt and you don’t always notice you’ve been bitten, so make sure you thoroughly check yourself, your children when you get home. If you have been bitten: Remove the tick as soon as possible. The only safe way to remove a tick is to use a pair of fine-tipped tweezers, or a tick removal tool. Grasp the tick as close to the skin as possible. Pull upwards slowly and firmly, as mouthparts left in the skin can cause a local infection. Once removed, apply antiseptic to the bite area and keep an eye on it for several weeks for any changes. Contact your GP if you begin to feel unwell and remember to tell them you were bitten by a tick.
In the event that a participant has a case to make a complaint about a Wheatfen Forest School CIC event or programme, the complaint should be made at the time to a member of Wheatfen Forest School CIC staff, so that corrective action can be taken if appropriate. If an issue remains unresolved a complaint should be made in writing within 28 days of the incident/dispute. Wheatfen Forest School CIC will not be liable in respect of any complaints received after this time.
Wheatfen Forest School CIC is a Community Interest Company — Company No. 10533599
© Wheatfen Forest School CIC 2019